Utilize media relations to secure coverage and increase awareness of Verizon Innovative Learning programs that include:
Minority Male Makers
· Verizon’s Minority Male Makers is a 2-year program under the Verizon Innovative Learning, created to give African American and Hispanic middle school boys an opportunity to learn Science, Technology, Engineering and Math (STEM).
· The program was held in the following universities:
o Tennessee State University
o Dillard University
o Florida International University
o California State University
o California State University, San Bernardino
o Central State University
o Morgan State University
o Jackson State University
o Clark Atlanta University
o Delaware State University
o Hampton University
o Harris-Stowe State University
o Texas Southern University
o University of the District of Columbia
o Kentucky State University
o North Carolina A&T University
· #Weneedmore is a national campaign to call attention to the millions of students across the U.S., especially those from underserved communities, who lack technology in schools and exposure to careers in the science and technology sector.
· Pitch and secure media coverage with print, digital, radio, and TV
· Distribute press releases
· Pitch stories and set-up interviews
Secured hip-hop mogul Kevin Liles as a spokesperson for the Minority Male Makers program.
Secured 39 media placements and 16.7 million impressions for the Verizon Innovative Learning over a two-year period.