Verizon teamed up with leading hip hop label 300 Entertainment, music mogul Kevin Liles and record producer London On Da Track to present the #freestyle50 challenge in 2016 and 2017.
The winner of #freestyle50 received a single record deal with 300 Entertainment produced by London on da Track, $10,000 cash, and a chance to open for a 300 Entertainment artist on tour.
· Increase sales of the Verizon's 8GB for $50 prepaid offer available exclusively at Walmart and brand engagement among cross cultural Millennials through earned and social media.
· Implement an integrated campaign that leverages the thematic of the pre-paid offer while engaging the collective cultural interests of cross cultural Millennials.
· Inspired by the pre-paid offer, Verizon teamed up with leading hip hop label 300 Entertainment, music mogul Kevin Liles and record producer London On Da Track to present the #freestyle50 challenge
· Aspiring artists were granted the opportunity to win a single record deal with 300 Entertainment, $10,000 and a slot on the 300 Entertainment tour.
· Walmart Shoppers
· Cross Cultural Millennials
· Pre-paid Streamers
1. Teaser Campaign
3. Call for Entries
4. Regional Competitions
5. National Finals
6. Post-Event Outreach
· Secured 83 digital and traditional media placements for Verizon #freestyle50 2017.
· Secured and implemented a social media takeover with BET Music. BET Music recorded the cypher event live on their Facebook page. The live video currently has 17,000 views, 109 likes, and 19 shares. BET Music also shared the #freestyle50 recap video a day before the cypher event, preparing their followers for the live video.
· Secured a #freestyle50 article and interview between Black Enterprise, Kevin Liles, and London On Da Track at the launch event. The article’s social media post created a spike in engagement on social media.
· Secured an article and social media posts by Hip Hop DX, which was the highest viral article of the entire campaign.