Client: The Bahamas Ministry Of Tourism
Project: Ebony Magazine 3rd Annual Pre-Oscar Party
The Islands of the Bahamas sponsored the pre-Oscar party hosted by Ebony magazine. There were four major sponsors for the exclusive event, in which The Islands of the Bahamas served as the only destination travel sponsor. The goal was to maximize the Bahamas’ sponsorship by generating media coverage on the Islands and their sponsorship.
- Increase awareness of The Islands Of The Bahamas among the African American and general consumer market as a travel destination
- African American and general consumer markets
- Generate media coverage among African American and general market media to highlight The Islands Of The Bahamas sponsorship
- Flew in *Junkanoo dancers from the Bahamas to perform at the Pre-Oscar Party
- Pitched *Junkanoo dancers to media for pre-event coverage
- Coordinated for *Junkanoo dancers to perform during the pre-Oscar celebration
- Capitalized on the dancers being the only form of live entertainment at the event
- *Junkanoo dancers were featured on the KTLA Morning Show in Los Angeles to generate pre-event coverage
- Counsel General of The Bahamas, Ed Bethel, welcomed guests to the party
- The Islands Of The Bahamas’ logo was featured throughout the party
- Secured more than 15 print, broadcast and online clips with features on local morning shows
- Generated more than 12 million print, online and broadcast media impressions
*The Bahamian festival of Junkanoo is an energetic, colorful parade of brightly costumed people gyrating and dancing to the rhythmic accompaniment of cowbells, drums and whistles. Junkanoo is reminiscent of New Orleans’ Mardi Gras and Rio de Janeiro’s Carnival, but it is distinctly Bahamian and exists nowhere else. Parade participants — arranged in groups of up to 1,000 — are organized around a particular theme. Their costumes, dance and music reflect this theme.