‘Miss Bennet: Christmas at Pemberley’, a sequel to Jane Austen’s “Pride and Prejudice”, debuted at Santa Barbara’s Ensemble Theatre Company on Thursday, November 30th and ran until December 17, 2017 for the holiday season.
This play reunites the characters from “Pride and Prejudice” and places the bookish middle sister, Mary Bennet, in the limelight. Mary grows tired of her role as the innocent sister in the face of her siblings’ whirlwind romances. When the family gathers for Christmas at Pemberley, an unexpected guest sparks Mary’s hopes for romance.
LAGRANT COMMUNICATIONS was tasked with leading all public relations outreach for ‘Miss Bennet: Christmas at Pemberley’ to generate media coverage with the intent to raise awareness of the play and selling of the tickets.
Utilize media relations and event listings to increase awareness of ‘Miss Bennet: Christmas At Pemberley’ and identify additional opportunities to share the play beyond the current core strategy. Additional opportunities include the following:
· Secure coverage in Jane Austen Society of North America’s newsletter and social media pages.
· Secure coverage on Jane Austen’s official Facebook page.
· Pitch and secure media coverage with print, digital, radio, and TV in the following markets:
o Santa Barbara County, Ventura County, Los Angeles County and San Diego County
· Distribute press releases
· Pitch stories and set-up interviews (phone and email)
· Submit and review event calendar listings on relevant websites
o Examples: iDowntown Org, EdHat, Theater Mania, Visit Santa Barbara, Yelp, etc.
· Review and submit event calendar listings in print and digital media outlets
LAGRANT COMMUNICATIONS secured 62media placements resulting in 159 million impressions from print, online, and broadcast coverage and 1.6 million social media impressions.
· Santa Barbara Independent, Ventura County Star, Broadway World: Santa Barbara, and Montecito Journal attended opening nights show and reviewed the play.
· Secured three interviews with newspapers Santa Barbara Independent and Montecito Journal as well as an interview with FM radio station KCLU (NPR).
· The Los Angeles Times also mentioned the play online and in print resulting in six media placements and 140 million impressions.
· Secured a mention in Jane Austen Society of North America’s December newsletter and Facebook page as well as Jane Austen’s official Facebook page.