Educate African American men and women 50 years or older on the importance of early colon cancer and breast cancer screening. Develop and distribute media materials including press releases and calendar alerts to promote Colon Cancer Awareness and the Health Forum. Position ACS as the organization of choice for all things related to colon cancer and breast cancer awareness, including but not limited to: information, donations and volunteers among African Americans in Los Angeles.
- Generated more than 75 million print, online and broadcast impressions
- Generated 27 media clips resulting in 1,548,980 media impressions in 2009
- Secured more than $9,000 in pro bono ad space extending original campaign reach beyond Los Angeles and generating media clips in San Bernardino, Orange County and Inland Empire
- Negotiated complimentary print ads in local newspapers
- Secured high-profile spokespersons such as former Speaker of the Assembly Karen Bass, and former Divorce Court Judge Mablean Ephriam to appear in print ads, radio interviews and at ACS Community events to promote early colon cancer testing